Hair is defined as a protein filament that grows through the epidermis from follicles deep within the dermis.
Length-wise,hair can be divided into three parts:
(a) THE BULB, a swelling at the hair base which originates from the dermis.
(b) THE ROOT, which is the hair lying beneath the skin surface.
(c) THE SHAFT, which is the hair above the skin surface.
SOME BASIC FACTS:
* The cuticle is a single layer of cells arranged like roof shingles.
* Human scalp hair normally grows at a rate of 0.4mm /day.
* Human hair grows faster in warm weather because it stimulates hair growth.
* African hair grows slower and is more prone to damage as compared with the Europeans.
* Trimming your hair does not actually influence hair growth, rather it prevents split ends.
*It is commonly accepted that emotional distress, especially that
caused by verbal abuse, etc. often is a contributing factor to a slower hair growth rate.
As a general rule, it is easier to maintain hair than it is to regrow; however, the treatments that would be discussed in subsequent articles may help prevent and /or repair damages done to the hair.
Please, drop a comment.